In September of 1993, A.D. Incorporated of Milwaukee (originally known as Acorn Display, Inc.) was created. Our corporation was formed by an employee of Aug. G. Barkow Manufacturing, Inc., which was established in 1947. Originally the customer base and equipment for the Point-Of-Purchase division was purchased. In 1994, our company purchased the Barkow Military Packaging Division and at that time other Barkow employees came on board.
This division included an 8,000 square foot satellite operation in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. Over the years both the Point-Of-Purchase display division and the Packaging operations expanded. We now have 5 locations between Milwaukee and Oshkosh that have a combined 315,000 square feet of manufacturing and warehousing space. For several years the corporation also had a satellite operation in Atlanta, Georgia. Management continues to seek other opportunities to expand in fields that are related to packaging and retail display business.